Note: This is the 'lite' version of the application. It is fully functional in all details except for the number of mushrooms available in the sample database.
This application features the most complete series of some 2,400 photographs of over 1,550 Wild Mushrooms and other fungi. It includes edible, hallucinogenic, poisonous mushrooms, truffles and brackets. All of which have been collected in the wild by Roger and many other senior mycologists from both America and Europe. Apart from the detailed photographs that show each mushroom from many different angles. A lot of other helpful information is included to help with identification; descriptive keys, details of size, shape, color, habitat, there is a sign on each picture to quickly give you the idea of danger or edibility. Many different sorts and groups of mushrooms are included; cup fungi, puffballs, tree brackets, truffles and other underground forms. The common names of the different mushrooms are also included together with French and German and other important names, the Latin names are all included.
* Detailed texts on over 1,550 mushrooms including scientific names, synonyms (including European names)
* Texts include details of microscopic analysis of spores for greater accuracy of identification
* Over 2,400 photographs, all zoomable using both tap-to-zoom or standard pinch-zooming
* Full database list with facility to search texts
* Search by visual appearance (Visual Key)
* Search by over 50 individual mushroom attributes with partial customisable numbers of exact and partial matches returned (Easy Key)
* Ability to filter the database to show only North American mushrooms or only European mushrooms. All mushrooms can be shown also, of course
* User notes feature that allows you to add your own personal information for any mushroom. A search can be made that returns only those mushrooms with a user note attached.